We all use gas at home it may be LPG or natural gas, so one has to be cautious and take great care by having the appliances regularly checked. Badly fitted, poorly serviced and faulty gas appliances can put you at risk of gas leaks, fire, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gas Leaks- Gas leaks can occur from faulty gas appliances and pipework. If you doubt any damage or signs of corrosion, such as rusting or green discoloration on copper pipework, get it checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Un-burnt natural gas and LPG are not poisonous in the same way as carbon monoxide but can cause fires and explosions.
Fires and Explosions- Gas by its very nature is highly combustible. Correctly fitted and maintained gas appliances ensure that gas is burnt in a controlled and safe way to cook and for heating the homes. If gas leaks from a faulty appliance or pipe work then it can accidently ignite causing fire and explosion. [Read more…]