Kitchen is the power house of your home. Saving energy in your kitchen will surely have an impact on your overall home’s energy usage. A greener kitchen means saving energy. The appliances, their usage and even the paint color of your kitchen is directly proportional to it energy consumption. A neutral colored kitchen is supposed to more energy efficient than the one with a vibrant color palette. Kitchen appliances make up about 30% of the total home energy consumption.
By adopting these simple habits into your daily life, you can save energy while working in your kitchen –
1) Use microwave when necessary.
2) Use a pressure cooker, it helps you cook faster and saves energy.
3) Cover your pots to help food cook faster.
4) Use the burner/hob which fits your pan to avoid wastage of energy.
5) Use a solar-box cooker.
6) Using an electric kettle? Boil water that is needed.