Jewar Airport to serve 31 international destinations by 2050: PwC report

In a latest report by PwC, the agency which prepared the techno-economic feasibility report for the Greenfield Noida International airport has projected that by 2050, the airport can serve 37 domestic and 31 international destinations.

Jewar Airport to serve 31 international destinations by 2050

Img : pixabay

The report said that the passengers can take flights from the airport to international destinations such as London, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Katmandu, and Bangkok apart from flying to key domestic destinations.

It is further said that the airport is also expected to handle over 60 lakh passengers by 2022-23 when it will start operating. On the other hand, the number will increase at a faster rate, which is one crore by 2029-30 and 10 crore by 2050.

As per the report, around 85% of the passenger traffic will be domestic from the adjoining area of Uttar Pradesh like Agra, Gautam Budh Nagar etc.  On the other hand, rest 15% will be international traffic.

At the same time, the UP Civil Aviation Department has also started working on the bid process for construction of the Greenfield airport, amid indications that the bids could be called in August.

According to UP’s Civil Aviation Minister Nand Gopal Gupta said, “Many sectors will benefit with the development of this airport and it will be really beneficial for the people of western UP who have to travel more than 250 km for Delhi or Lucknow Airports. The strategic location of the Jewar airport will also help in decongesting the increasing air traffic and passenger rush at the IGI airport.”

The Jewar airport project is one of the most ambitious projects of both center and state. As of now, around 5,000-hectare land has been identified by YEIDA for the project, out of which the first phase of land acquisition measuring 1,327 hectares will be used for the construction of terminal buildings and runways.