With a little money and a lot of creativity, you can transform your child’s room into something magical. It is important to understand the meaning of colors when decorating your kids’ bedroom. The meaning of colors has become so important that it has become an art. Moreover, colors also have a psychological effect on human beings. Before you start jumping on the task of painting, think about a few important stuff:
• How old is your kid?
• Will you have to upgrade to a more sophisticated look in just a couple of years?
• What kind of lifestyle routine does your kid follow?
• What are your child’s favorite colors and activities?
Answer these questions to yourself and you are ready to paint your kid’s bedroom. Keep the following points in mind:
i) Choose the right paint which is washable and scratch resistant, especially if your kids are very young.
ii) It is very important to choose the paint according to the lighting in the room.
iii) You have a wide spectrum to mix-match and choose colors. Besides, these designs can be used on the walls, like stripes, checks, polka dots, etc.
Painting a boy’s room is no easy task. It takes plenty of haggling. Make some smart compromises and a few creative ideas that are agreeable to both adults and kids. Paint not only enables you to alter the look of a room but does the same in a cost-effective manner.
“When in doubts, simply paint anew.”
A beautiful color palette brings life to your kid’s room. If your child is having a difficult time choosing a wall color, it might be because choosing a single color is quite dull and boring. Some interesting stuff you can add to enhance the décor of your kid’s room includes:
• Murals are a great concept. Paint their favorite bedtime story on a wall; it will be something they enjoy for years to come. This is a very good idea for your little one’s nursery.
• Bright Colors are something which you might abhor but the kids love a lot. So provide them with a variety of colors- mix and match. Let the room look lively.
• Wall Decals can be a good idea if you do not want to paint permanent murals on the walls. Removable wall decals can also go with your décor theme; for example, your kid’s favorite cartoon character.
• Decorate the wall with blow ups artwork if using one basic color; else monochromatic rooms may look very boring.
• Try faux-finish which easily camouflages and hides finger prints and dents.
So be it a boy’s room all in blue with his heroes looking right at him or a pinky frilly girl’s hide out where she and her friends can spend hours gossiping, never forget it’s all about what they like. Decorate it according to your kid’s preferences and he/she will love it.
Read More About….. How to Choose the Perfect Paint Color for your Dream Home