Are you the “Did I remember to turn off the faucet” type of person? Regardless of whether you belong to the well-organized category or the frantic last-minute planner, there is no harm in taking the proper steps and precautions before you go on a happy stress-free vacation. Make a list of all the things you need to do before you step out; get organized by making personal checklist. There is a long list of tasks and chores that must be done before you leave home. Plan your vacation and do not leave anything for the last minute because overlooking even a single thing can mean hassles and frustrations.
Here are some ideas which will help you get ready for a vacation:
- Finish packing a night before. Check the most important stuff such as passport, hotel bookings, tickets, etc.
- Walk through your home to see that all your rooms are locked properly, the doors and windows are bolted so unwanted miscreants cannot enter.
- Check your electronic gadgets like refrigerator, toaster, oven and most importantly your LPG connection.
- Turn off all the taps.
- Pay all your bills; hold your mail and newspaper.
- Arrange for pets to be taken care of while you are gone.
- Pack right, pack tight. Do not carry useless articles. Downsize by carrying only usable items.
- Carry an overseas insurance if traveling abroad. Also take medications for as long as your will be outside.
- Buy an emergency phone card which can be used in the area traveled. Check cell phone coverage and roaming charges.
- Tag all your luggage including carry-ons.
- While leaving out, count and recheck your baggage.
- Take a last minute look over.
- Review en route, weather conditions and check transportation schedule for delays.
A good long vacation is a well-deserved retreat for you after an entire year of hard-work. So do not let a silly mistake ruin it. Plan thoroughly and let it be all about enjoyment.